Livin’ LID, the Lessons Learned!
“How long have you been doing this?“ Jay was asked. “As long as I can remember….”, he responded.
He’s the kind of guy that wakes up in the middle of the night screaming “pretreatment”!
This presentation will discuss the experience gained in almost 20 years of designing, reviewing, and building LID practices and how these experiences have been distilled into effective policy and guidance to promote and implement LID and Green Infrastructure.
• The early days, learning from our mistakes.
• What goes into a good design and putting it into a tender.
• Building it, passing on what we know through the entire construction process.
• Maintenance, what do we need to pay attention once it’s built.
• Putting it all into effective policy and guidance to make it all happen.