Two scholarships of $1500 will be awarded by the IECA-SE for the 2013-14 school year.
Purpose of Scholarship:
To assist an undergraduate student, studying in a field related to erosion and sediment control, with tuition expenses.
- Applicant must be a declared major at an accredited 4-year college or university located in the Southeast Region (North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Florida).
- Applicant must be either a rising sophomore, junior or senior.
- Applicant must be registered full-time for the fall 2013 semester.
- Applicant must have a career direction related to the erosion and sediment control industry. (Possible fields of study could include environmental science, earth studies, and earth science, agricultural and civil engineering, soil science, agronomy, geology, hydrology, construction technology, forestry, agricultural science, or marine science.)
- Applicant must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
Applications and accompanying paperwork must be received NO LATER THAN March 29, 2013. The selected scholarship winners will be announced no later than May 3, 2013. The scholarships will be awarded to the selected student's universities in the student's name for the fall 2013 semester.
* All fields are required. Failure to fill out a field may disqualify you from consideration for a scholarship