In 2011, IECA membership voted to approve the Regionalization plan. This plan divided IECA membership into two regions: Region One (North American, South America, and Europe) and Region Two (Africa, Asia, and Oceania). Each region has its own Board of Directors and representatives on the International Regional Council.
The International Regional Council (IRC) is the overseeing body of all regions with IECA. Their primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee the entire Association to ensure we are operating within the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Play an official role in all Association business, functions, correspondence, etc.
- Oversee the SOIL Fund Committee.
- Accounting for IRC funds.
- Oversee the layout and management of the Website Home Page.
The IRC consists of six voting members and one Chairperson. The six voting members are comprised of three representatives from Region One and three representatives of Region Two. The Chairperson is non-voting and is elected by the six voting members.
- Rafael (Nicky) Araujo
- Julie Etra
- John Peterson
- CR Devaraj
- Doug Wimble
- Danny Ng