IECA Live brings world-class training to your location.
What is IECA Live?
Everything is better when it's made to order. From sandwiches to solutions, we all like things to be custom made just for us. Why? Because we can rest easy knowing that the end result will be made to fit our specific needs.
With that in mind, IECA launched the IECA Live program. We partner with a pool of highly-trained educators, who meet our rigorous standards, to bring you tailored educations solutions to wherever you are.
If it isn't possible for you to send your team for training in another state, or even another county, IECA Live could be the answer you've been looking for. Fill out the form below and let us know what you're looking for, and we'll get back with a personalized program just for you.
What are the benefits of IECA Live?
Benefits of IECA Live include:
- Training is brought directly to you
- Instructor arrangements made by IECA
- Modifications ordered to fit your needs
- Can be scheduled based on your timeframe
- Cost-effective compared to other training course programs
We offer a wide variety of courses through our training program. Arranging training is easy, and just a phone call or email away.
IECA Live Instructor Profile
Ted Sherrod, PE, CPESC, CPSWQ
Ted Sherrod is an environmental engineer with URS Corporation in Raleigh, North Carolina specializing in construction and post construction stormwater engineering. He retired as the State Roadside Environmental Field Operations Engineer with NCDOT in Raleigh in December 2010 with 30 years of service and experience in erosion and sedimentation control for the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance phases of highway and bridge construction. He holds a B.S. and Masters in Biological and Agricultural Engineering from NCSU. Ted is a registered Professional Engineer, a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), and a Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality (CPSWQ). He currently serves as the North Carolina representative for IECA's Southeast Chapter; he also volunteers as a member of IECA's Professional Development Committee. He has served as Past Chair of the Certified Professional's Executive Council representing environmental professionals worldwide.
- BMP Design for Construction Sites
An overview of design concepts for erosion and sediment control best management practices on linear projects. Topics include rainfall/runoff relationships, temporary and permanent channel liners, and sediment containment system design. Can be retrofitted for full day workshop or multiple sessions.
- In less than one day, learn a simple, step-wise process for selecting and designing sedimentation control devices!
- Review innovative designs for erosion, sediment, and turbidity control for linear and vertical construction applications.
- Pick up new technologies as a plan designer that you can incorporate into your next SWPPP to manage turbidity.
- Passive Treatment Systems for Turbidity Reduction
An overview of passive treatment systems for turbidity reduction on construction sites. Introduce fiber check dams and wrapped rock dams that utilize flocculants to greatly aid in meeting effluent limitation guidelines. Showcase case studies where passive treatment systems are validated on active sites.
- Learn about how passive treatment systems use gravity to deliver flocculants
- Investigate various BMPs that utilize this system to manage turbidity on construction sites
- Review projects that have successfully incorporated this technology
- BMP Post Construction Inspection
An overview of post construction stormwater inspection requirements. Focus on various post construction best management practices involving structural measures. Emphasis on proper installation and maintenance requirements for wet ponds, level spreaders, bioretention, grassed swales, and stormwater wetlands.
- Expand your knowledge on post construction BMP stormwater control measures
- Learn about the functional components for post contruction BMPs
- Identify key inspection and maintenance considerations for post construction BMPs
What courses are offered?
Who do I contact to find out more?
Please fill out the form below and an IECA representative will contact you shortly or contact the IECA Education Department at 800-455-4322 or email@example.com.