IECA is currently accepting submissions for Environmental Connection 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. Click here to submit your presentation.
Speaking at IECA's Environmental Connections demonstrates that you are serious about industry education. IECA provides you a platform to share insights and content with your peers, enhance your professional development, and learn from your colleagues, while gaining recognition for your advancements in erosion and sediment control, stormwater management and related fields.
Who Should Submit?
Professionals involved with Erosion and Sediment Control and related issues are encouraged to submit an abstract.
- Contractors: Demonstrate effective approaches of installation, equipment, innovations and business management.
- Design Professionals: Describe new approaches to design challenges, present case studies on difficult projects or explain the latest design tools.
- Government Personnel: Provide information on regulatory policy or demonstrate the economic and environmental benefits of your programs.
- Researchers/inventors: Present the data that advances new technology, explores new concepts and challenges traditional approaches.
- Manufacturers: Describe the latest advancements in product technology and applications.
Conference Dates & Location
February 24-27, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Important Dates and Information
FAILURE TO MEET A DEADLINE WILL RESULT IN THE CANCELLATION OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT.
All speakers are required to register for the conference. IECA will offer a generous speaker discount on the registration fees, however, acceptance of your presentation does not include complimentary registration of any kind.
May 31 - Abstracts due to IECA. Submit here.
July 20 - Instructors/Presenters Notified of Abstract Submittal Acceptance
August 16 - Technical Paper due to IECA. Conditional Abstract Re-Submittals Due
September 8 - Technical Paper Presenters Notified of Course/Paper Acceptance Full and Half-Day Instructors: Signed Instructor Agreements with Audio/Visual Requests, Biography, Marketing Paragraph, and Instructor Photo due to IECA.
September 30 - Conditional Papers due for re-review
December 15 - ALL COURSE INSTRUCTORS: All presentations due to IECA for final review (PowerPoint presentations must have acceptable proprietary approval)
January 12 - All full- and half-day course material for manual printing due to IECA for final review.
February 24-27 - Presentation at Environmental Connection 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Post-construction stormwater issues or opportunities beyond bank stabilization (e.g. infiltration basins/gardens, etc.)
- New technology (aside from UAVs) such as new surveying techniques/equipment, GIS-guided equipment, water monitoring and similar is always popular
- Waters of the United States (WOTUS) issues
- Pipeline/drilling issues and/or solutions
- Soil amendments (biological, chemical, physical) for better plant establishment and soil properties and species selection
- Improving sediment basin performance
- Transportation project storm water controls – balancing roadway safety with BMPs
IECA has developed four educational tracks in which abstracts will be organized for review (these replace our technical sections). You will be asked to select a track during the submittal process.
Types of Presentations
Focus on the participant's learning needs, each objective should be around ten words or less. Five objectives are required for full-day training courses and three objectives are required for all other formats.
Need Help writing your learning objectives? We have made the following resources available to help you:
The intent of IECA's educational programs is to provide peer-reviewed content free from advertising or commercial bias. Instructors will refrain from advertising or promoting their employer or other vendors product, company information or any other organization represented during their presentations unless you are presenting a product practicum. If any type of presentation abstract is approved for a presentation at the IECA Annual Conference, instructors may not use the session time to distribute material that is self-promoting or represents business interests. Company logos or names may be used on one slide, at the beginning of the session. Mention of a company affiliation during the session introduction will be acceptable, but mention of a company affiliation or specific product brand repeatedly throughout will be considered unacceptable promotion.
All IECA education content is reviewed by a minimum of three industry professionals who are selected to review based on their active participation in the specific area in which you will be presenting.
IECA categorizes presentations into one of 4 levels - basic, intermediate, advanced or all. For more information on the different levels please click here.
IECA Contact Information
IECA's Education Department is dedicated to providing you with as much assistance and information as possible for successfully participating in Environmental Connection 2017. Please refer questions our Education Department - email@example.com, 303-640-7554 or 800-455-4322.
Submit Your Abstract Now
Click here to get started.