IECA is not currently accepting submissions for Environmental Connection 2014.
Presenting for IECA gives you the ability to share insights and content with your peers, enhance your professional development, learn from your colleagues and gain recognition for your advancements in the field.
Even if you've never presented before, you will find many advantages to speaking at Environmental Connection, IECA's annual conference. In addition to expanding your knowledge and developing new professional skills, you will be joining a distinguished group of respected erosion control professionals.
Who Should Submit?
Professionals involved with Erosion and Sediment Control and related issues are encouraged to submit an abstract.
- Contractors: Demonstrate effective approaches of installation, equipment, innovations and business management.
- Design Professionals: Describe new approaches to design challenges, present case studies on difficult projects or explain the latest design tools.
- Government Personnel: Provide information on regulatory policy or demonstrate the economic and environmental benefits of your programs.
- Researchers/inventors: Present the data that advances new technology, explores new concepts and challenges traditional approaches.
- Manufacturers: Describe the latest advancements in product technology and applications.
Conference Dates & Location
February 25 - 28, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Important Dates and Information
FAILURE TO MEET A DEADLINE WILL RESULT IN THE CANCELLATION OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT.
All speakers are required to register for the conference. IECA will offer a generous speaker discount on the regisration fees, however, acceptance of your presentation does not include complimentary registration of any kind.
June 15 - Abstracts due to IECA. Presenters: Biography, Marketing Paragraph, and Presenter Photo due to IECA.
July 1 - Instructors/Presenters Notified of Abstract Submittal Acceptance
July 26 - Technical Paper due to IECA. Full and Half-Day Instructors: Signed Instructor Agreements with Audio/Visual Requests, Biography, Marketing Paragraph, and Instructor Photo due to IECA.
August 30 - Technical Paper Presenters Notified of Course/Paper Acceptance
September 27 - Conditional Papers due for re-review
December 13 - ALL COURSE INSTRUCTORS: Presentations due to IECA (Powerpoint presentations must have acceptable proprietary approval)
January 10 - All full and half day course presentations due to IECA. This only applies to those who have no revision to their Dec 13, 2013 submission or conditionally accepted presentations that have had a request for modification
February 25-28 - Presentation at Environmental Connection 2014 in Nashville, TN
Suggested Content - Hot Topics
- Stormwater Volume Control from Construction Sites
- Computing Run-off Hydrographsfor Small Construction Areas
- Cost-effectiveness of Temporary Seeding
- Comparing Various Soft Armoring Techniques of Construction Slopes
- Practices and Standards
- Oil and Gas Successful Revegatation Practices
- MS4 Management Changes to Meet New EPA Rules
- Proper Installation of Rain Gardens and Other Green Infrastructures
- National Perspective Update on Effluent Limitation Approaches Across the Country
IECA has developed four educational tracks in which abstracts will be organized for review (these replace our technical sections). You will be asked to select a track during the submittal process.
Types of Presentations
The intent of IECA's educational programs is to provide peer-reviewed content free from advertising or commercial bias. Instructors will refrain from advertising or promoting their employer, product, company or any other organization represented during their presentations unless you are presenting a product practicum. If any type of presentation abstract is approved for a presentation at the IECA Annual Conference, instructors may not use the session time to distribute material that is self-promoting or represents business interests. Company logos or names may be used on one slide, at the beginning of the session. Mention of a company affiliation during the session introduction will be acceptable, but mention of a company affiliation or specific product brand repeatedly throughout will be considered unacceptable promotion.
All IECA education content is reviewed by a panel of industry professionals.
IECA Contact Information
IECA's Education Department is dedicated to providing you with as much assistance and information as possible for successfully participating in Environmental Connection 2014. Please refer questions to Joanna Fetherolf - firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-640-7554 or 800-455-4322.