IECA will pair attendees who are new to the industry with members who are more experienced. Mentors should be comfortable with attending the virtual conference and be able to provide guidance to a mentee who is new to the industry. Mentors must be attending the virtual event for at least three days. Mentoring pairs should plan to connect with each other two times during the virtual conference and be willing to remain in contact via phone or email post-conference for months after.
The Mentee Experience
Participants are provided an opportunity to enhance their virtual experience and connect with a seasoned professional to expand their network.
- Receive support and guidance
- Meet other professionals, networking opportunities
- Develop confidence
The Mentor Experience
Connect with attendee at least once prior to the virtual event to learn more about the mentee. Connect with the attendee during the virtual conference to answer any questions regarding session content, industry questions, etc. Contact the attendee afterward to check-in to see how their job is going. This is the mentors opportunity to learn from the mentee as well.
- Contribute to the profession by helping to develop future leaders
- Gain leadership and communication skills
- Grow and learn from the experience
- Applicants must be attending the virtual event for at least three days. Mentoring pairs should plan to connect with each other two times and be willing to remain in contact via phone or email post conference for six months after
Sign up to become a mentor or mentee when you register for a virtual full conference pass to the virtual event. A few weeks prior to the conference, you will be contacted via email to answer a survey to help connect you with an applicable mentor/mentee. Mentors will connect with mentees one week prior to the conference.
Questions on the mentor program? Contact Cassy Hemmen at email@example.com
for more information.