IECA Commitment to Creating a Safe Meeting Environment
Your Safety is Important to IECA
IECA and our host hotel partners are working together to create a safe meeting environment for conference attendees. The responsibility of this safe meeting environment is shared amongst us all, please review below the IECA Commitment to Safe Meetings. Your personal actions support the collective wellbeing, please note each attendee will be asked verbally acknowledge the Health and Safety Guidelines and Personal Commitment to a Safe Meeting when they check in on-site.
IECA Actions to Support the Conference
- Conference attendance may be limited to allow for appropriate social distancing in meeting space, depending on Government Health Guidelines at the time of your event.
- IECA follows the appropriate Government Health Guidelines.
- This year we will not have a printed conference, all materials will be found in the conference mobile app. The app will go live 2 weeks prior to the conference. Download prior the conference or scan the QR code at registration to quickly download.
- During breaks, the hotel will be cleaning meeting space.
- Post-Event: If there is any known exposure at the conference, we will inform conference attendees as soon as possible.
Personal Actions Supporting the Collective Wellbeing
- Before Leaving Home
- Before leaving to attend the event evaluate your health with a COVID19 Health Check.
- COVID19 Health Check: Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours? If yes, please get a COVID19 test prior to travel. Upon a negative result, you are welcome to join the conference.
- Fever or Chills
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Muscle or Body Aches
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Have you been tested or diagnosed recently with COVID19? If you have a negative test, you are welcome to join the conference. If you have a positive test within the past 14 days or pending test, please stay home.
- Have you had known exposure to COVID19 in the past 14 days? If you have been exposed to COVID19 in the past 14 days, please follow appropriate Government Health Guidelines regarding self-isolation and testing.
- If you must cancel due to COVID19 exposure or illness, IECA will provide a full refund, less a $20AUD processing fee.
- On-site During the Event
- If you are required or elect to wear a mask, be sure it is covering both your nose and mouth, except when eating and drinking.
- Presenters will be given appropriate social distance and not required to wear masks while presenting.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Maintain 1.5m of space between conference attendees as much as possible.
- If you experience symptoms and test positive for COVID19 up to 14 days after the conference, please contact IECA immediately: email@example.com.
What to Expect On-Site?
- Guests in house will be asked to sign a COVID declaration upon check in confirming that they have not been to any hot spots as updated by the government.
- The Hotel will provide alcohol-based sanitizer at registration and throughout the conference.
- Meeting rooms will be cleaned per the IECA schedule.