2021 Municipal Wet Weather Stormwater Conference
IECA Commitment to Creating a Safe Meeting Environment
Your Safety is Important to IECA
The IECA 2021 Municipal Wet Weather Stormwater Conference will be in-person in June, 2021. IECA and our host hotel, Marriott - Huntsville are working together to create a safe meeting environment for conference attendees. The responsibility of this safe meeting environment is shared amongst us all, please review below the IECA Commitment to Safe Meetings. Your personal actions support the collective wellbeing, please note each attendee will be asked verbally acknowledge the Health and Safety Guidelines and Personal Commitment to a Safe Meeting when they check in on-site.
IECA Actions to Support the Conference
- Conference attendance is limited to allow for appropriate social distancing in meeting space.
- Masks are required during the conference except when attendees are eating or drinking. IECA will provide disposable masks for anyone who needs one.
- This year we will not have a printed conference, all materials will be found in the conference mobile app. The app will go live 2 weeks prior to the conference. Download prior the conference or scan the QR code at registration to quickly download.
- IECA will provide signage and information regarding social distance and mask wearing protocols.
- Meeting Room seating will be with 4 people per 72 inch roundtable to provide social distancing within the classroom spaces.
- Opening reception with exhibitors will be held outdoors.
- During breaks, the Marriott will be cleaning meeting space.
- For the field tour - the capacity is 26 people on a 57 person bus allowing for appropriate social distance.
- The field tour lunch is at the Greenbrier Restaurant, this is optional. Attendees can elect to ride the bus back to the hotel instead of staying for lunch.
- Attendees will have the option to put a colored dot on their name tag
- Red: indicates attendee would like 6 ft. of space. No elbow bumps, please.
- Yellow: indicates attendee is cautious, but elbow bumps are ok.
- Green: the attendee is comfortable, but please follow IECA personal action guidelines listed below.
- Post-Event: If there is any known exposure at the conference, we will inform conference attendees as soon as possible.
Personal Actions Supporting the Collective Wellbeing
- Before Leaving Home
- Before leaving to attend the event evaluate your health with a COVID19 Health Check.
- COVID19 Health Check: Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours? If yes, please get a COVID19 test prior to travel. Upon a negative result, you are welcome to join the conference.
- Fever or Chills
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Muscle or Body Aches
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Have you been tested or diagnosed recently with COVID19? If you have a negative test, you are welcome to join the conference. If you have a positive test within the past 14 days or pending test, please stay home.
- Have you had known exposure to COVID19 in the past 14 days? If you are fully vaccinated, per CDC guidelines you are not required to test unless you have symptoms. If you are not vaccinated and have had a COVID19 exposure within 14 days, you are required to get a COVID19 test prior to travel. Upon a negative result, you are welcome to join the conference.
- If you must cancel due to COVID19 exposure or illness, IECA will provide a full refund, less a $20 processing fee.
- On-site During the Event
- Wear your mask over your nose and mouth, except when eating and drinking.
- Presenters will be given appropriate social distance and not required to wear masks while presenting.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Maintain 6 ft. of space between conference attendees as much as possible.
- When greeting attendees, please reference name tags for their level of comfort. No handshakes, please stick to elbow bumps!
- If you experience symptoms and test positive for COVID19 up to 14 days after the conference, please contact IECA immediately: email@example.com.
What to Expect On-Site? Marriott Hotel: Commitment to Clean
- The Marriott Hotel will provide alcohol-based sanitizer at registration and throughout the conference.
- Marriott Hotel: Commitment to Clean
- Meeting rooms will be cleaned per the IECA schedule.