Contractor of the Year Award
The Contractor of the Year Award recognizes those contractors who have demonstrated excellence in field execution and application of effective erosion and sediment control practices. Nominees will be recognized for outstanding accomplishments demonstrated on a single or multiple projects or for the development of new practices. The recipient must be an active member of IECA and attend the 2023 IECA Annual Conference and Expo. Please click here to access the nomination form. Nominations are due December 16, 2022.
- How has the individual or organization demonstrated excellence in execution of erosion and sediment control and stormwater compliance that went above and beyond normal compliance guidelines on a single or multiple projects? (15 points)
- How did the steps taken in the construction project's compliance show leadership? (15 points)
- Has the construction project passed all compliance inspections and field assessments? (10 points)
- Did the contractor meet the objectives and schedule of the client/owner while simultaneously maintaining compliance? (10 points)
Total of 50 points available. Nominations not achieving at least 50% of available points in each judging criterion and at least 75% of the overall points will not qualify for an award. Additional points awarded for number of years as a member of IECA.
- Describe the project(s) that demonstrate excellence in field execution and application of effective erosion and/or sediment control practices and the steps taken to ensure construction project compliance. (Maximum 400 words)
- Describe products and BMPs used to help achieve construction project compliance. (Maximum 400 words)
- Identify the location, beginning and completion dates (as applicable) for the project(s), and describe features, special accomplishments, problems, challenges, or other unique aspects of the project(s), and how the contractor played an exemplary role in the leadership and/or execution of erosion and sediment control aspects of the project(s) that ensured the project was compliant. (400 words)
- Nomination must include two professional references. References cannot be family members of the nominee. Awards committee representatives may contact the individual providing recommendations during the review process.
The nominator may include optional content highlighting the attributes of the individual or organization to supplement the mandatory content. The optional content is the nominator’s opportunity to “make the case” for the nomination proposal for the award.
Click here to access the nomination form.