IECA Board of Directors Nominations Are Open!
IECA’s success as an association is due largely to the commitment, energy and expertise of our volunteers including those who serve on the IECA Board of Directors. As we begin the process of identifying potential candidates for the Board, we look for those IECA members whose extensive industry and volunteer experience, as well as outstanding leadership skills, would serve to enhance the IECA Board and our association.
The Board’s primary objective is to serve the IECA membership and to keep our organization moving forward. As such, the IECA Board of Directors requires candidates who are recognized as excellent leaders with significant industry knowledge and an ability to think strategically.
Please take a moment to consider peers and colleagues whom are members of IECA that you would recommend join the volunteer board of directors. Think about their leadership contributions and their participation in IECA both at the national and chapter level and nominate colleagues who will help the association and industry grow. Through your nominations, we can continue the tradition of leadership that has helped position IECA as the top association in the erosion and sediment control and stormwater management industry.
You may also nominate yourself!
We look forward to receiving your nomination to the IECA 2021 Board of Directors no later than close of business August 13, 2021. Once all the nominations are in, we will begin the process of evaluating and selecting final candidates, based on the eligibility requirements described below for approval of the full membership.
>> Download the Board Nomination Packet
Board of Directors Responsibilities and Requirements
The ultimate legal responsibility and authority for IECA’s activities and fiscal affairs is invested in the Board of Directors. Therefore, it is the Board’s duty to.
- Define IECA’s Mission and Purpose - The Board confirms the mission statement and reviews it periodically for accuracy and validity.
- Provide Financial Stewardship for IECA – The Board develops adequate resources to secure the financial health of the association.
- Provide Ongoing Evaluations of Organizational and Program Effectiveness – By referencing IECA’s strategic plan, the Board regularly assesses progress in achieving the association’s mission. It evaluates the relevance and success of IECA programs, monitors IECA’s responsiveness to new situations and appraises the effectiveness of the staff’s and Board’s leadership roles.
- Manage Resources Responsibly – The Board remains accountable to IECA’s members and the public. The Board assists in developing the annual budget and ensures that proper financial controls are in place.
- Select, Evaluate and Support the Executive Director – When needed, the Board selects the most qualified candidate for the position. The Board evaluates the Executive Director’s performance and ensures that the Executive Director has the necessary support to advance the goals of the organization.
- Maintain Integrity and Accountability – The Board ensures that IECA adheres to legal standards and ethical norms through pertinent policies and the association’s Bylaws.
- Recruit and Orient New Board Members – The Board determines the necessary requirements and procedures to become an IECA Director. Requirements are outlined in IECA bylaws and approved by membership. The Board orients new Directors to the responsibilities of the Board, officers and other appropriate positions, and to the history, needs and challenges of IECA.
- Enhance IECA’s Public Relations – The Board articulates IECA’s mission, accomplishments and goals to the membership and the public, and gathers support from appropriate affiliated groups and individuals.
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements as outlined in IECA’s by-laws, Article 5.2:
- Board Candidates must meet the following requirements: participation in the fields of erosion control, sediment control and stormwater management; contribution to IECA; intent to provide continued service to IECA.
- Board Candidates must demonstrate a professional affiliation with the erosion control, sediment control or stormwater management industry and list all professional organizations of which they hold membership. In addition; they shall list the committees that they serve on, all Board of Directors positions and any Officer title/s of the organization/s.
- Board Candidates must have a minimum of three consecutive years of IECA membership, prior to the date of their candidacy.
- It is recommended that Board Candidates participate in one of the following prior to the date of their candidacy: IECA Committee Member, Chapter Officer, Chapter Committee Member or IECA Programs (such as University Partners, Mentorship, etc.).
- Board Candidates agree, if elected, to attend and participate in at least 75% of the regularly scheduled Board meetings.
Nominations are solicited from the Members each year for the purpose of electing three (3) Directors to the Board. Each chartered IECA Chapter is encouraged to be involved with the nomination process by submitting Chapter-endorsed Candidates for the Board of Directors each year
Each Candidate for nomination to the Board of Directors will download the Board Nomination Packet on ieca.org and submit the following information to email@example.com.
>> Download the Board Nomination Packet
Step 1 – Fill Out “IECA Board of Directors Nomination Form” which includes:
- Endorsement of three current Members
- Short bio-sketch of history with IECA or the industry
- List of association affiliations and offices held within the organizations
- Statement of why the nominee would like to serve as an IECA Director
Step 2 – Provide name and email address for 3 references so an “IECA Board Nominations Skills Assessment” can be emailed to them to complete.
- References will rank your Board skills on a scale of 1-10. References do not need to be IECA members
- Each reference must submit their completed IECA Board Nominations Skills Assessment directly to IECA at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your responsibility to ensure the individuals you select complete and send the form to IECA.
Step 3 – Submit all materials to IECA by August 13, 2021 to be considered for the election
- Submit IECA Board of Directors Nomination Form and a business photo (images should be submitted in .jpg format and at least 1200 x 1200 pixels).
- References must submit their IECA Board Nominations Skills Assessment directly to IECA by August 13, 2021. IECA will inform you when all 3 assessments have been received. If all are not submitted one week prior to deadline, IECA will contact you with the name(s) of the individuals that have not submitted the form.
Acceptance of the Candidate’s nomination shall be verified by the Executive Director and the Board Executive Committee, based on fulfillment of the Candidate qualification requirements. Upon verification of the nomination, the Candidate’s bio-sketch and statement will be placed on the ballot and distributed to all eligible Members prior to the election period.
If the Executive Director and the Board Executive Committee have determined that a conflict of interest exists, they will declare the Candidate ineligible to run for the IECA Board of Directors. The Executive Director will notify the Candidate in writing.
If you have questions on submitting, voting or the nomination process, please contact IECA at email@example.com or call 303-640-7554.
Please submit the nomination no later than August 13, 2021. Remember to include all nomination requirements listed above.
International Erosion Control Association (IECA)
3033 S Parker Rd, Suite 410, Aurora, CO 80014 USA
Phone: 303-640-7554 | Fax: 866-308-3087