IECA Commercialization Policy
The intent of the International Erosion Control Association's (IECA) educational programs is to provide peer-reviewed content free from advertising or commercial bias.
- Instructors will refrain from advertising or promoting their employer or other vendors product, company information, or any other organization represented during their presentations.
- Instructors may not use the session time to distribute material that is self-promoting or represents business interests.
- Disclosure of all industry associated company affiliations during the session introduction will be required.
- Company logo and name may be used on the first and last slide of the presentation only and may not be used as a background during any virtual or other presentation.
- Mention of a company affiliation or specific product brand repeatedly throughout your presentation will be considered unacceptable promotion.
- When discussing specific products, instructors should reference the products in a generic sense versus by a proprietary name.
- The only exception to this IECA Commercialization Policy is for presentations categorized as: Product Practicum, Product Case Study, or Vendor Showcase.
If IECA is alerted of a violation of this policy, then an investigation will be conducted by IECA Director of Education & IECA Board of Directors Education Vice President. If the complaint is found to be valid, the instructor will be subject to the following actions:
- A written Notice of Warning from IECA Director of Education.
- A repeat violation after the Notice of Warning will result in Expulsion of presenting at future IECA events.
To report a violation of the IECA Commercialization Policy, please email IECA Education at firstname.lastname@example.org with the event, presentation, presenter, and reason for complaint.
Developed by: J. Fetherolf, W. Zech, J Koepke - 30 June 2021
Board Approval 30 June 2021